Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Post Pa Derby Thoughts...

No matter who you liked in the Pa Derby I though it was a great betting race.  The prices where there in the Exacta's which almost always means there's a lot of value in the other exotics.  Against these, Alpha was certainly a deserving favorite after his two performances at Saratoga, but he was also vulnerable favorite.  I thought it looked like he was regressing some in the Travers.  Looking for someone to beat him I sided with Macho Macho.  I used Handsome Mike in my exotics, but only underneath in the Place and Show spots. 

Hats off to Handsome Mike for a well run race, but I think on Alpha's best day he could still run away from these.  He was a little rank, broke slow, then seemed to rush up and then determinedly stayed on the inside part of the Parx track, which I do not like.  I don't think he'll win the BC Classic, but I would not bet against him in the future soley because of this race.  Macho Macho gave a good showing while running a solid race, but he just couldn't run down Handsome Mike.  It will be very interesting to see how these move forward from here!

I am going to try to play the late Pick 4 at Laurel on Wednesday the 26th.  I'll post the selections here.

No comments:

Post a Comment