Monday, September 10, 2012

Laurel Park - Saturday 9-7-2012 Recap

Saturday's card at Laurel seemed full of places where I zigged where I should have zagged.  It seemed horse I thought would show early speed either broke slowly or faded.  My best plays where to come late in the card and the thunderstorm turned the track sloppy by the 8th race.  Admittedly I am not the best wet track handicapper and that hurt me.  Also, with the 11th race coming off the turf at the last minute I didn't have time to update those selection.

I was pleased to catch the 3 winners, especially in the Stakes in race 10.  I felt like it would be a cavalry charge to the wire and that See Tobe would get a trip to get first run.  I did think the race was wide up open, but I hope some of you used the pick to catch the $17.80 winner.

Also, I noticed that I didn't update my Pick 4 tickets after the number 4 scratched in the 10th.  I hope that if you tried to play the ticket you noticed you couldn't play the #4 and went back and looked at the selections in the race to replace the #4 with See Tobe.  Again, I apologize for that.

One horse to watch going forward was the #7 Star Lookout in Race 3.  This horse lost to a very impressive horse in his first out while gaining ground in which he was easily second best.  In yesterdays race he was far back, came wide off the turn and closed well chasing hard.  He was easily second best.  He has fired well in both races and if this horse can catch a little speed he could be an easy winning.

I'll post more selections from Laurel late in the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment