Saturday, May 10, 2014

5-10-2014 Belmont Park - Peter Pan Stakes

Preakness Stats Guide
Get ready for the Preakness Stakes with our Preakness Stats Guide.  Packed full of stats and analysis to help you include and exclude horses in the second leg of the Triple Crown. 



Peter Pan Stakes Selections

Pre Scratches.

Race Rating System-

I always give you 5 picks in each race to help you fill out your exotic bets.  In some races I may not use all 5 in my bets.  The A horse is ALWAYS my selected winner.  If no suggested plays are listed then I would not consider betting the race.  See the key below for how I label the races.

Weak - Poor races to invest in.  Usually too wide open.  Winner possible outside of my top 5.
Action - Some clarity in the race, but winner likely in top 4 or 5.
Action+ - Some clarity, but winner likely in top 3.
Play - can usually key top 2 (A & B) horses in exotics.  Good Exacta or Trifecta play.
Prime - Excellent race to key or single in the exotics.



With all the East Coast track likely to come up wet I looked at the Santa Anita card.  However, I wasn't particularly excited about anything I saw there, so I'll just post my selections for the Peter Pan and call it a weekend.  Good luck to everyone!


Race 9 - 1-1/8mi Peter Pan Stakes G2 - Action+
A - #6 Our Caravan (5-1) - looking to beat Tonalist and this guy offers the best value.  I like the outside post and they way he fired fresh off the layoff last out.  A step forward puts him in the mix.
B - #4 Tonalist (2-1) -  is best by speed figures, but he hasn't tested stakes company, though he did run 2nd last out to Constitution at Gulfstream in a 75K OC.  Good shot, but beatable.
C - #2 Fabulous Kid (4-1) - may be able to grab an easy lead, is not tested at this distance, but pedigree suggest he'll be ok.   The question is, if he fades how far?
D - #7 Irish You Well (15-1) - not sure he'll get the pace he needs, but exotics possible
E - #3 Commissioner (5/2) - needs pace and that seems unlikely in this race.  exotics use.

Multi-Race Horses - 6,4,2
Suggest Plays:

$16 play, puts emphasis on the #6 or #4 winning and protects/adds value with the 6,4,2 box
$2 - 6 / 4,2 = $4
$1 - 4 / 6,2 = $2
$1 - 6,4 / 7,3 = $4 - HIT $7.70
$1 - 6,4,2 / 6,4,2 = $6

No comments:

Post a Comment