Friday, September 14, 2012

Laurel Park - Friday 9-14-2012 Recap

Another couple of tough beats today.  My B horse won in 4 out of 7 races.  The two exacta's that hit were small and not enough to carry the day.  The pick 4 was over in the first leg when a long shot ran down one of our horses in the stretch.  And the we missed the pick3 by one horse.  Also, in the 8th race the #1a Kentucky Pie got a horrible ride from Maysonett.  The horse broke well and could have settle in, but instead was well held back off the pace.  Then he made a huge move around the turn to reach contention, but ran out of gas in the stretch.   With what he showed on the turn if he had been allowed to settle closer to the pace it would have been in contention late.  I'm sure Kelly Breen informed Maysonett on his thoughts about the ride - but just in case he didn't:  Maysonett, when racing in a 6f race at Laurel and Pimlico and your horse is one of the best in the race, ride him that way, especially when he breaks well!  Speed is very beneficial in 6f at those tracks.

Ok, I'm off my soap box.  I'll put my selections up later tonight for Saturday at Laurel.

No comments:

Post a Comment